Your privacy is very important to us. This website (SmallBizAccountants.com) is administered by the Professional Association of Small Business Accountants (PASBA) as part of the normal operation of our organization. PASBA and SmallBizAccountants.com are committed to providing cost-effective accounting and tax services to small businesses throughout the United States. In an effort to meet that commitment, we may, from time to time, request information of a business and personal nature in order to assist you with your questions. As a visitor to our website we are committed to respecting and protecting your confidentiality and security. The following notice explains our online information practices and the choices you may make about the way your information is collected and used.
About the Information We Collect
If you visit www.SmallBizAccountants.com, we collect and store certain information from you. This information is utilized to help us improve our services and your online experience at our website.
To best match you with an accountant in your area, we collect both nonpersonally identifying information as well as personal information.
The following nonpersonally identifying information may be collected from you:
- the domain name from which you access the Internet
- the date and time you access our site
- the search engine and phrases that you may have used to access our site and information of what pages you may have visited and the length of time you spent on the site.
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors and to increase the content that visitors find the most helpful to them. As a visitor, you do not have to submit personally identifiable information in order to use PASBA’s website. Personally identifiable information is not collected by this website unless it is specifically and voluntarily provided by you.
To provide customized offers and information that relates specifically to your interests or situation, you may need to volunteer certain contact information (such as name, address, phone number, or email address), or more detailed personal information such as your occupation. If you choose to submit information on this website, you agree to the use of such data in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Way We Use Information
The information you provide to our Find An Accountant when submitting the electronic request form will be used to assess your service needs so that a more informed response will be available to you when we contact you as requested, and will not be shared with outside parties without your consent, providing you with an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated use.
If you send personal correspondence to us, such as an e-mail, letter or survey, we may collect such information into a file specific to you. All correspondence, either provided to us or if contained within a customer survey is deemed the property of PASBA upon receipt. If you request to receive information regarding our member accountants, products or services via e-mail and/or text message, you may receive a follow-up email, telephone call, and /or text message from PASBA. Standard text messaging rates and/or cell phone airtime rates will apply. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future communications from SmallBizAccountants.com or PASBA, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Commitment to Security
While we cannot guarantee that the information you have provided cannot be seen by third parties, SmallBizAccountants.com and PASBA maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard its clients' nonpublic personal information.
About Shared Information
To further clarify the information we disclose and to whom we disclose, we have provided the following information:
- PASBA and SmallBizAccountants.com may share personal information with the PASBA network of accountants. We require all members of PASBA to use this information only in accordance with this statement.
- PASBA and SmallBizAccountants.com may engage outside companies to perform various functions, such as assisting with promotions, providing technical services for the website, perform market analysis, and so forth. To perform these functions, the companies may need to have access to the personal data we gather. We require each company to sign a confidentiality agreement providing that they may use the personal information only for the purpose of performing these functions and not for any other purpose.
- PASBA does not sell, transfer, or disclose personal information to third party service providers except for processing purposes or in connection with a third party service provider's hosting or maintaining the PASBA and SmallbizAccountants.com website.
- PASBA and SmallBizAccountants.com reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation, or legal request, to preserve the integrity of our website, to fulfill your requests or answer your questions, and to cooperate in any law enforcement investigation or an investigation involving a matter of public safety. In addition, although we do not anticipate that this will happen, we want you to know that, should we ever merge with or be acquired by another company, or should we sell substantially all of our assets to another company, we will transfer the information to that company.
Collection of Information from Children
PASBA and SmallBizAccountants.com understand the importance of protecting children's privacy. PASBA’s website is not designed for or intentionally targeted at children 13 years of age or younger. We assure you that we will not intentionally collect any personal information from children age 13 or younger without a parent’s explicit permission. We encourage you to monitor and supervise your children's online activities.
Links to Other Sites
SmallBizAccountants.com may offer links to sites that we do not operate and over those whom our organizations have no control. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies or for any injury or damages to your computer as a result of your visiting any of these linked sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the businesses of this site or your dealings with the website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Changes in Our Policy
PASBA and SmallBizAccountants.com may change this policy from time to time, so we suggest you review the policy periodically. The first section of our policy states the effective date, and anytime we update the policy, we will change the date accordingly.
Your Privacy Rights
Our consumers can request and obtains from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personally identifiable information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personally identifiable information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you would like to request this information, please submit your request in writing to:
Jen Trabon, Executive Director PASBA 6405 Metcalf Avenue, Suite 503 Shawnee Mission, KS 66202